Dental Clinic Business Processes
As with any business, in case of automation of dental practice management, the advantage of automation or effectiveness is directly proportional to well-written description of business processes and interconnection of one business process to another.
Before implementation of automated system, it is important to record processes specific to that particular industry and business. For instance, the process of disinfection and sterilization of tools and equipment is an important process in dental industry. It is important to automate processes to ensure flawless work. Business processes that can be automated in dental industry belong to three main groups: primary, supportive and developing.
Primary business proceses include:
- Treatment planning
- Financial planning of treatment
- Signing agreement papers with Customer/Patient
- Post-treatment service
Supportive or additonal business processes include:
- Opening patient’s card
- Scheduling patients
- Supplying and storing short-life items, medinice and raw materials
- Selling medical services to patients and related accounting functions – receiving prepayment, paying debt, etc.
- Disinfection of equipment – sterlization/automative monitoring
- Reminding about further medical examination and prevention of oral cavity deseases
You need the following business processes for automation:
- Developing and implementing marketing processes
- Sending birthday and holiday wishes
- Sending thank-you letters
- Implementing bonus and loyalty programs
- Reminding patients of their appointment through SMS
- Measuring customer loyalty and implementing next steps
- Managing customers’ complaints about provided medical services